Thursday 9 October 2008

3 October 2008 Friday

After a night of rain, I get up late at 8.15am. The tenant’s van is in the car park. Damn. This means that they will be up and down the stairs all day, so I had better postpone my stair repairs until Monday when they are out at work.
The sun comes out then goes in repeatedly.
At 10am I decide to head off to the fruit market to top up my supplies for another week.
I pop into the English shop and the owner tells me that the good news about the current cold going around is that after a week you think that you are getting better, then you get worse again.
My wood baked bread shop is open again after their holiday. There is no olive bread left, so I have to make do with a nut loaf instead.
The sun is shining, but it is cold in the shade and there is a cold wind blowing.
I look in the window of the internet café. A notice says that it will be closed indefinitely from the 14th October. It looks like the other mystery buyer lost interest in buying the business, or maybe didn’t exist in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send me your comments or suggestions