Monday 29 November 2010

La cantine

Exciting news! The menu for the end of November, through to the end of this year has just been published. Currently I am taking advantage of the school meals which are delivered to the school. The meals cost 2.85 euros per day (about £2.60). The proud boast is that all the food used is “Bio” but I have my doubts. Most days there is one or more small plastic pots of yoghurt or mashed-up fruit cocktail and when cheese is on the menu, it comes individually wrapped in a very small plastic packet. Rumour has it that most of the food is not sourced locally and I think that feelers have been put out to find an alternative caterer, so we could have canteen wars at some time in the coming year.
Not that I’m complaining. Okay, I have to eat it sitting in a classroom, sitting on chairs meant for 6 year olds and at a desk sized appropriately, but I don’t have to buy much food, do much cooking or for that matter washing up. Luxury indeed.
Here is the latest menu. Apologies for the small type, but it arrives in a font size which is probably around 5pt. It is hard for them to fit the starter, main course, cheese, sweet / fruit into one line of an A4 page otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send me your comments or suggestions