Thursday 14 October 2010

The decisive moment

One of my photographer heros has always been Henri Cartier-Bresson. He was born in 1908 and he championed the idea of “the decisive moment”. That is to say, taking the photo at exactly the right time, not a second before, not a second after, capturing the “perfect shot”.          I particularly admire his street photography as I enjoy taking photos of people in the street as well. Here is a famous example of his work, taken in the Rue Mouffetard, Paris 1954.
Here, quite unintentionally, is my modern version, taken in Ax-les-Thermes recently.


























I think you will agree that the only differences are that mine is in colour and has a rather large bird and her mother plus some cars in it........ Who's the daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send me your comments or suggestions