Wednesday 11 August 2010

The last dejeunner

On the last day of term, the canteen children all had a picnique lunch somewhere, while the teachers, assistants and the neighbours across from the school all brought in food / drink etc for a 2 hour lunch in the neighbour’s garden. It was my job to supply the cheese, so I explained my mission to the lady behind the deli counter and she sold me a selection of cheeses to take to the meal.
The meal was in a proper French garden in the welcome shade of trees. Any meal which starts with real champagne and a selection of really smooth wines is going to be a success isn’t it.

I don’t think that you would find this happening in the UK, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.


I don’t think that I get paid for the 2 months, but I might get some accrued holiday pay. I am finding it difficult to adjust to not having to get up for school. I never thought I would say it, but I can’t wait to get back to school.....

Here is a mural done at the school, mostly by their teacher, but her class filled in the colours. I think that it was a project funded by the mairie.



*stop press! I just received my bank statement and I have a full months pay sitting in my account.. Hooray!



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to send me your comments or suggestions